Sunday, September 26, 2010

Damn California folks!!!!

My friend Derrick was telling me a story about how he fell in love with a beautiful young woman and was hoping to marry her. He was even gonna move to the states so he sold everything, but she took advantage of him and left him a broken man. And my hunches about her were correct- she's from California. It is so typical for those California people to treat others like crap. I think the sun fries their brains out. Why cant they be more like us Dakota folks? Well, you know the fact: they hate us, and we hate them. Its as simple as that. I'm not saying that they are all like that, but you have to admit, a majority of them are.
Poor Derrick, I do feel sorry for him. I told him to stay away from those California people. Most of them dont have the brains to blow themselves up with. And they probably wind up doing that anyway. But they will also tear your heart out. I think he's getting wind of my advice and maybe he will look for someone else. But now, I think he needs a friend, not a girlfriend at the moment. Its too soon for him to be working on a serious relationship. Just as long as he remembers to stay away from the California people, he's all right. He's better off without them.
And here's another thing that burns me up too. With the economy going bad and no jobs elsewhere, there starting to move up here looking for work. They bring their customs, their guns, gangs, drugs, and rotten attitudes and turn our lovely paradise into hell. We dont like them moving into our state, Bismark especially. If I ran this town, I would tell them "we dont want your kind here, so I'm giving you 3 minutes to get outta town." But I dont and I cant stop anybody from looking for work. I just wish they'd go somewhere else.
I know at times it sounds like I'm being a little bit prejudice, but this is my honest opinion. They have already begun to dominate a few places in this state. Here's a perfect example: there is this new family that moved into the building across from us, and they are just about the meanest people you can come across. This afternoon, I was walking by them and I stopped to watch them move in. This guy came out and asked me "What are you looking at?" in a real sarcastic tone of voice. I knew they were from California because I saw it on their license plates. I told them "nothing" then I looked at them with a go to hell look. What jerks. :P They are not gonna like the way they treat us, and were not gonna want them here for long.
I swear, here you walk up to someone and say "hello" they are nice and say hi back to you, end of story. I bet in California, you say hi to someone, they punch you in the nose. They are such cowards. But we dont take crap from anyone like that. But one thing I dont understand is that we live in the same country and why cant all states get along? I'm not sure what started this not getting along bit, but I have a hunch that its the California people that started it. If there gonna get mean to us, we will get mean back. My aunt Eva says they do it in New York all the time. Those New Yorkers are my kinda people, they dont take bullshit from anyone. We could really learn a lesson from them.
As for Derrick, well, I wish him a lot of luck in finding the right girl. I can tell that he likes whites in particular. He even asked me if Bismark had any black people and how we would treat them. The truth of the matter is that we dont have much culture here. The majority of the people who live here are white, usually German or Scandinavian heritage. The whole time that I have lived here, I've only seen about 3 or 4 black people. I remember a young girl in my 3rd grade class named Lashonda, she was the only black girl in the whole school. We were friends then. But her family didnt stay long, about a year later, they moved to the east coast. I dont really know how we would treat them. It depends on the person and their upbringing. But as far as I know, we are not a racist community. But I myself would give them the red carpet treatment because its not often we get to "see" a black person and we want to make them feel right at home.
People are different, and even in a small town like Bismark, there are gonna be people who might feel uncomfortable around people of color. We dont have a lot of diversity in this town, let alone the whole damn state. I can assure you that I'm not a racist, even though I have no idea what my race is. If I was, Diego wouldnt be living here. His real family came from Colombia, South America. I thank God everyday that he let my mom adopt him. Aside from that extremely long hair in his face that makes him look like a sheepdog, Diego's a great brother.
The last thing I'm gonna say is that sometimes you have to listen to your friends for really good advice, especially if your from another country and dont know the story about how well we all get along. Not everybody gets along the same way as others. Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment