Saturday, September 18, 2010

My first blog.

This is my very first post ever. I'm new to blogger and I am hoping people will see it. First I wanna tell people about myself:

My name is Ephrata Whitley and I am 20 years old. I was born in Manitoba, Canada to a single mother. I have a half older brother, Spencer, who's 25 and mentally challenged due to an earlier accident. I now live in Bismark, ND where I have lived since I was about 7 years old. Shortly after moving here, we adopted my baby brother, Diego, who arrived here from Oregon. He's 16 now and a handful. My mom's a medical assistant, my stepdad's a trucker. We are a very close family.
I make my living as an artist. Some of the media I have worked with was drawing, painting- oils and acrylic, pastels, colored pencels, and watercolors. I like drawing and painting the best. I am currently under an intern position for the University of North Dakota. I sell my artwork to companies that need artists to do their advertisements, brochures, pages, ect. I got one lined up with the local paper, if I get that, I may be set for life. I am virtually unkown at the moment, but I hope to one day be famous like Picasso or DiVinci. The problem is that those men did not get famous until after they died. If I have to wait until after I die, so be it. At least I left something behind.

My drawings usually displays the feelings of a young woman from a small town who feels trapped in her own mind and by her family.....the story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment