Saturday, October 30, 2010

What an awful week!!!

If I was writing a story about my life, I would say that this has been the worst week of my life, but I guess in some ways, something good came out of it. One thing, mother nature really gave us the shits. Winds blow so hard here you could blow this whole town off the map. Doesnt usually happen very often, but at least it blew some of the leaves off the ground in the complex. And just when things couldnt get any worse, snow starts falling. We thought it was just gonna be a little bit, but it turned out to be blizzard conditions. YIKES!!! I hate those. At least they closed school. Diego liked it, he spent much of the day throwing snowballs at Spencer. I would have joined in except that I had a paper to do for sociology class. Took longer than I expected.
But blizzards are no fun, trust me. Last year, I nearly froze to death while I was waiting for a bus. It wasnt so bad when I first left home, but it got worse as I was on my way home. I only had on a light jacket and a pair of earmuffs. I waited for nearly a half hour for that bus to get there, but at least it was warm inside. Then I had to walk 6 blocks from the stop to the apartment complex. I took it upon myself to sit in a hot bathtub to get the chills out. That works too.
How we survive such horrendous catastrophies? Us Daks are very tough and somewhat rugged. I think we share the same charactoristics as them Montana folks do. I get asked this all the time, usually by people who live in other parts of the world.
Here are some pics that I picked up of the storm that came our way. I only got the best ones that I liked the most. I didnt take these pictures. I borrowed them off the ND site on FB. But they're great snow pics.

This is about how much we actually got here in Bismark, but it got worse later on just enough to close school.


I hate to be the driver of this truck.
Or even this first floor apartment building.

That was how deep it was. Glad that dog was safe.

2 comments:

  1. It sure was. A lot of these pics were taken in towns west of us near Montana. They got the most snow.

    ReplyDelete